This was the response handed in by Akramul Hoque, a local government rural development officer from Bangladesh:
When I was a student in 1965 I learned about Hiroshima. Since then I hated those who had done it…
- In spite of this devastating event, the people of Hiroshima [turned around] and [created] a better [situation] than before and did a lot of development by dint of their labour, commitment, sincerity and honesty.
- I strongly believe that the present and future generations will never witness such a black or spiteful event.
- …My impression from the situation of Hiroshima is that all peace loving people should hate this and should raise their voice against atomic bombs or nuclear energy.
- Hiroshima should [become] a centre of excellence for the upcoming generation.
- I would like to thank the people of Hiroshima for bearing this painful event and for overcoming it and facing it with strong morale and determination.
- The people of Hiroshima, or the Prefectural Government, should take some more initiative in favour of world peace, because they are direct victims of the atomic bomb.
- The video which we have watched today should be distributed and publicized all over the world so the people of the world can realize the dangerous impact of A bombs.
Rural Development Officer